Hello World! Its been a while since I’ve published a blog post. I’ve thought of writing often but there has been a lot going on in my life and I had to take a short break but I’M BACK and I’m truly missed my blog. Readers please forgive me! I pray all of you are well!!
Today is my four year anniversary and we are very grateful to God for continuing to bless us and teach us how to love each other and stay married for life! Don’t believe the lies of the world, people are getting married and staying happily married; not just roommates who don’t have talk, laugh or have sex. I know plenty of godly couples who continue to make their marriage a priority and work to keep things holy happy and hot!! The key word is WORK!! It’s rewarding fun work but work just the same. If you’re reading this and your marriage is in a rough season, be encouraged. God is bigger than your problems and He’s ready and willing to help you two through this season! Just surrender to Him, seek godly counsel and don’t give up. Keep talking, praying and pulling on other mature stable marriages around you for guidance.
Ok single ladies, I want to present you with a short list to remind you of WHY you want to make sure you marry a man after God’s heart and not some Jay Z, Trey Songz wanna be or any other Bozo at your church or on your job.
Please note that I’m NOT talking about the wolf in sheep’s clothing. Not talking about the man who goes to church, wears a suit and pretends to know Jesus to get the ladies to trust him and sleep with him. I’m NOT talking about the men on the deacon board who cheat on their wives and preach to people on Sunday mornin. I’m talking about men who have a true relationship with God and work hard to live holy godly LIFESTYLES on a daily basis. No one is perfect but there are men out here who are seeking God and trying their best to live for him. These are the type of men that I want my single friends to wait on because man are they worth the wait!! I know my husband was!!
5 Reasons To Marry A God Loving, Bible Mediating, Tongue Talking Man Of God
1. When the storms of life come he will be able to speak the word of God over you, your children, your marriage etc. He will know how to go to the cross and seek the Lord. He will know that on his own strength he can not fix the issues but God can and will.
2. He will know how to be the leader of the home and seek the Holy Spirit regarding the family. He will lead, protect, guide and listen to his wife. He won’t try to dominate and abuse her but rather talk and pray with her and then take the issues to the Holy Spirit so that the proper direction can be revealed to him. He is not a punk or a coward. He is the protector and leader of the home and he takes his role seriously!!
3. He will enjoy ONLY his wife sexually as the bible has commanded him too. He won’t entertain hard or soft porn. He will guard his eyes and ears diligently to make sure that he does not fall into temptation and allow the devil to have any place in his heart or marriage bed. He will not be close friends with men who aren’t trying to walk the same holy lifestyle as himself because he knows that he can not afford to fail in this area. His wife is all that he needs and he aims to please her inside and outside the bedroom.
4. He will seek God regarding the family’s finances and won’t just spend what he wants to spend when he wants to spend it. He will work hard to have a budget plan and seek God for wisdom regarding how to bring the family increase and not decrease. He will show integrity and diligence regarding the finances and will communicate with his wife concerning the money.
5. He won’t leave when the marriage has rough patches. He will stay and fight for his family. He won’t be a dead beat dad. He will chase the devil away instead of allowing him to chase him away. He will swallow his pride and seek godly counsel if needed. He will seek guidance from other brother’s in the Lord regarding the family struggles. He will ask the Father for grace, peace, long suffering, and joy in his marriage/family and continue to press until he sees the victory in his home once again. He walks around with joy because he’s read the back of the book and knows that he wins. The devil has been defeated and he can trust the Lord to fight his battles!
Prayer for My Single Sistas
Lord thank you for my single sistas. Thank you for keeping them during this season. Thank you for their desires to be holy and happy while they walk out whatever it is you have for them right now. Thank you for peace and joy Lord God. Thank you for the hope they have in you because of the promises in your word regarding marriage and their future. Help them to throw way the lies of the world regarding dating, men, marriage and sex. Help them to seek you even when they feel tired of waiting. Renew their spirits Lord. Show them that your love for them can’t ever compare to what a man could give anyway because you created them and died for them. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness today and always, AMEN!!