This post is not to bash or judge Fantasia but to use her as an example for a topic that I have been wanting to address for a while now. Message to single women, dating married men is a horrible idea.
For those of you who may not know, Fantasia Barrino took an overdose of aspirin and a sleep aid on 8/10/10 after reading the court documents naming her as being instrumental in breaking up a North Carolina marriage. Paula Cook, wife of Antwaun Cook filed these documents along with claiming there is a sex tape for evidence of this infidelity, according to RadarOnline.
Fantasia and Antwaun were in Barbados in November and they were captured in photos holding hands and embracing, while Antwaun was, and still is a married man.
Fantasia’s overdose was documented as a “suicide attempt” in the police reports. This young lady who has always maintained a respect for religion and family values, may be overwhelmed with the thoughts of things to come in this court case. To read the rest of the examiner.com article, please click the link below.
I have a few concerns about this situation:
1. Why was Fantasia dating a married man in the first place.
2. Why was she going places with him in public and being photographed with him like he was her man?
3. How did a “church going” young woman get involved in the music industry and lose all of her morals and values.
4. What about her daughter? What type of example was she being for her?
5. What about her career and reputation? Was messing around with a married man and father of two worth the drama and bad press? She was under such stress that she attempted to take her own life and leave her daughter behind? WOW
6. Now she is listed in the divorce papers and may be sued by the wife. I read an article that quotes Fantasia telling the phone on the phone saying some crazy mess about the husband being her man now and next time the wife gets a man, she should work harder to keep him. The entire situation is sad to me.
As women, we need to love and respect ourselves enough to leave married men alone. If a man is married, he is off limits period. When a single woman gets married, she wants her husband to be faithful to her, so why not show a married woman respect and leave her husband alone? If a man cheats on his wife with you, he WILL cheat on you with another woman. Women the men you date should have a relationship with God, integrity, character, morals and values. You deserve to be more than a quick hook up or a every other weekend fling. Ladies wake up and know your worth and value.
If you are a mother, you really need to watch who you date because your children are watching! You have a responsiblity to be a positive role model and to have appropriate and safe people around your kids. You should not spend more time out looking for men or hanging with your man than you do at home with your kids. Mothers need to think about their children and how every decision they make in life affects them. Children are much much smarter than we give them credit for; they’re observant and they soak up everything we do like sponges. What are you teaching your children? What are you showing them with your actions on a daily basis? Many parents need to get their priorities in check.
This gentleman is definitely in the wrong because he had no business cheating on his wife and hurting her and his children. This post is speaking to women and warning them that dating a married man will have the women looking crazy, even though the man is the one whose married. Our society has double standards and that’s just how it is. They were both willing participants but unfortunately its Fantasia’s name that will be dragged through the mud.
I pray for my sister Fantasia right now. I ask that you grant her mercy for the decisions that she had made. I pray that you comfort her and her family during this difficult time. I pray that she rededicates her life back to you and commits herself to you completely. I pray that you lead and guide her regarding her purpose in life and your will for her music career. I pray that you give her the strength, wisdom and patience needed to parent her daughter the way you’ve created her too. Remind her Lord that her latter will be greater and this too shall pass. In Jesus name we pray, amen.
Peoplejam.com list 10 reasons why dating single women shouldn’t date married men
1. He won’t commit to a future with you.
2. Cheating on his wife tells you how he deals with any situation he doesn’t like.
3. Hiding is exhausting.
4. He’s got his cake and is eating it, too.
5. Can you love someone who is so disrespectful of his wife?
6. Lose his respect and it’s over.
7. You’re not a home wrecker, just an accomplice.
8. You’re kidding yourself.
9. Beware the guilt boomerang.
10. Time is too precious to waste.
**Ladies what are your thoughts on this situation or on women dating married men in general?**
If you enjoyed this blog post, I encourage you to subscribe to receive emails regarding future post. The subscribe button is located at the top left corner of the blog. Once you enter your email and hit “sign me up,” you will have to open your email and confirm the subscription. Thank you in advance for your support. Also please email the blog link to other ladies https://joannawillis.wordpress.com