Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.
Last Sunday, 8/8/10 at Word of Faith, Pastor Butler preached an encouraging message reminding us that yes God can do EVERYTHING that we need Him to do. Pastor encouraged us to make a victory list of things that God has done for us in the past and use that to encourage ourselves during the tough times. God has already done so much for all of us and He’s changing and rearranging things right now on our behalf!! No matter what it looks like right now, know that God is in control. He sees your circumstance, He sees your diligence and He hasn’t forgotten you or the seeds that you’ve sown over the years.
In case you need reminding, YES GOD CAN:
*Restore your family
*Heal your body
*Save your children
*Bring promotion on your job
*Cancel your debt
*Move your mountains
*Save your marriage
*Bless you with a spouse and/or a child
*Give you God ideas to bless the world and increase your finances
*Give you peace, joy and comfort
*Get your family members off drugs
*Increase your business/ministry
*Help you sale or buy your house
*Bless you with a job
Those are examples of what my God can do because with Him ALL things are possible!! Here is a brief testimony/victory list of my own. God gets ALL the glory! He’s been too good to me and I don’t deserve His love, mercy or grace but I thank God for it!!
1. When I was in college making bad choices, my God protected me and had mercy on me. When I came running back to him at the age of 20, He was right there to love on me and make me whole again!
2. My God helped me pass my Statistics class. The class was the most challenging of all my undergraduate classes but I exercised my faith, studied a lot by myself and with a study group. I needed the case to graduate and I was overjoyed when I found out that I had passed and would graduate on time!
3. 2003 was a year of many miracles!
A) That was the year that I started counseling and got restored from the sexual assault that I survived in 2000. I began to get stronger and stronger in God. I learned to trust in God, forgive those who had wronged me, walk in God’s joy, peace and wisdom. I began developing an intimate relationship with Him and I was no longer walking in fear or shame.
B) I graduated from Oakland University with my bachelors in Psychology.
C) I met my husband and many other young people at Word Of Faith. My husband and the other brothers in the Lord showed me what it meant to be treated like a sister and not a piece of meat. I made many friends that year and having Christian friends really helped me to grow in God.
4) God restored my brother. My brother Joel came back to Michigan a few years ago and started working, going to church, being hard working and responsible. He got married, had my beautiful niece and continues to be an awesome husband, man of God, father, son and brother to all of us.
5) God blessed me in 2008 to graduate with my Master’s in Counseling, we purchased our 1st home and I was blessed to marry to the man of my dreams, the man God ordained just for me. All of this happened within a few weeks of one another. God is faithful!!
6) Less than two months after getting my Master’s degree, I was promoted to supervisor in my department at my job.
7) God continues to heal and restore our families mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually and financially. God is faithful and He continues to do miracles and show himself faithful. If he did it once, He will continue to do it again and again and again!!
1 Cor 1:9 God is faithful (reliable, trustworthy, and therefore ever true to His promise, and He can be depended on); by Him you were called into companionship and participation with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Mark 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony