Today’s society is obsessed with sex. Sex sales and you can’t make it through a magazine, book or 15 minutes of TV or radio without you being bombarded with sexually exploit messages and images. How do Christian’s (single and married) remain holy in this day an age?
Here are my answers to that question:
1) they stay prayed up
2) they read and mediate on the word
3) they surround themselves with other friends who are living holy & sold out lifestyles
4) they set sexual boundaries in their relationships
5) they have accountability partners.
The word of God commands each of us to be holy, set apart and to glorify God in our bodies.
1 Cor 6:18-20 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
Tips For The Single Saint On Setting Sexual Boundaries In Relationships
1. Date a believer who is 100% committed to denying their flesh and relying on God’s strength to not have sex with you until marriage. If he/she doesn’t really desire to wait until marriage, they will eventually start pressuring you and you will fall into temptation if you don’t leave.
2. Be aware and know what situations are tempting for you. There are certain activities no single Christian should be engaging in (being under the covers at night with your BF/GF bad idea!!) But talk to one another about appropriate forms of affection and what you both feel comfortable with. It’s always a great idea to pray and seek God about your relationship and get answers from Him on what to do and not do.
3. Give yourselves a curfew, esp if one or both of you lives alone and that’s where you two hang out. The goal is to glorify God in your body, with your lifestyle and in your relationship. If your neighbor knows you’re a Christian but she keeps seeing your BF leave your apartment @ 2am, that will ruin your witness. Be wise and be holy.
4. Have accountability partners that you two can talk to, (trust with your business) receive guidance from and who you know will be lifting you both up in prayer.
5. Remember, for Christians dating is for the purpose of marriage. Dating is fun but when we’re dating people we should be getting to know them (asking important questions about marriage, money, kids, sex, our purpose/goals etc) To see if we’re compatible. If we spend our dating time not getting to know each other but being sexual, our minds become cloudy and we become attached to each other in a way that only husbands and wives should. If he wants it than he needs to put a ring on it!! Don’t give the honey up for free!! Remember that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost. Only your future spouse has the right to sexual pleasure with you AFTER he/she says I Do!
If you have fallen into sexual sin, God still loves you. He will always love you and He waiting for you to return back to Him. All you have to do is repent of your sins and ask Him to help you live holy once again. Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. To truly repent means to turn away from. God knows your situation and no temptation is too big for Him! 1 Cor 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
If you enjoyed this blog post, I encourage you to subscribe to receive emails regarding future post. The subscribe button is located at the top left corner of the blog. Once you enter your email and hit “sign me up,” you will have to open your email and confirm the subscription. Thank you in advance for your support. Also please email the blog link to other ladies https://joannawillis.wordpress.com