1. I always make sure I have on the right size undergarments. If your panties or bra are too big or small, it will mess up your look. You always want to have a smooth and even look and that starts with what’s underneath your clothes. You can have a sales clerk measure you so you know exactly what size you are.
Body magic!! Body magic is a wonderful undergarment smoother. I would encourage all plus size women who have a few curves or rolls that they want to hide to Invest in a good undergarment smoother. When you want to wear a tight blouse or dress and don’t want your belly or love handles to show, a body magic will come in handy!
2. I always try on my clothes in the store to make sure they fit me right (meaning the clothes show off the curves I want to show and hide the ones I don’t) There’s nothing worse than seeing a full-figured woman wearing too tight and too small clothes!! Whether you wear a size 2, 12 or 22, wear your size with confidence! If you’re a 22, don’t try to were a 16. You may feel better about yourself on the inside because you’re wearing a smaller size, but on the outside you look silly. Love the skin you’re in!
There are different cuts of pants available to accommodate ladies with the long legs, short skins, skinny or thick legs, ladies with lots of hips or no hips can all look fabulous! Ask a sales lady to help you find what looks great on you!
3. When I shop I try not to buy clothes that look the same. I want to spice up my wardrobe and have a variety of colors and styles. Try not to always buy the same colors and styles, be adventurous sometimes. Make sure your clothes match though, don’t dress up like Punky Brewster lol!
4. I fell in love with accessories a few years ago. Accessorizing is so much fun and can be very inexpensive. I love big earrings and I never pay more than $8 per pair. I often find great deals between $3-$6. Look for sales on purses, earrings, necklaces and bracelets. I often find great sales at little clothing stores at the mail, Claires, Forever 21 etc. Ashley Stewart has great accessories too! The right accessories can spice up any outfit. Its fun to mix and match the accessories with different outfits too in your wardrobe too.
5. I am a bargain shopper so my last tip would be to shop smart for your budget. Always be wise with your money. Looking good doesn’t have to break the bank. JCPenny has a good plus size section and Rainbow and Dots do too. Ashley Stewart and Lan Bryant are good stores also. There are plenty of places you can shop at. For shoes I shop at Payless, Village Shoe Inn, Burlington and DSW.
Well I hope these tips were helpful! Happy shopping!!
If you enjoyed this blog post, I encourage you to subscribe to receive emails regarding future post. The subscribe button is located at the top left corner of the blog. Once you enter your email and hit “sign me up,” you will have to open your email and confirm the subscription. Thank you in advance for your support. Also please email the blog link to other ladies https://joannawillis.wordpress.com