I continue to get these stupid emails from Discreet Housewives Looking to Date. It’s an ignorant company that promotes infidelity. The fact that this company sends out emails to wives encouraging them to cheat on their spouses really makes me mad! Some lonely housewife who isn’t getting what she needs from her spouse will open the email and be tempted to further complicate her marriage by entertaining this foolish! We MUST guard our hearts and minds because the devil is busy and there are many traps out there.
If you are married and your husband is not meeting your needs, you should pray and ask the Holy Spirit about how and when to address your concerns with him. We can’t change our spouses, only Holy Spirit can! We as wives don’t have the right to step out on our husbands because they don’t pay us the attention that we want or give us the affection that we desire all of the time. Marriage is hard work and sometimes hard work includes long suffering. The bible speaks about long suffering.
2 Cor 6:6 By innocence and purity, knowledge and spiritual insight, longsuffering and patience, kindness, in the Holy Spirit, in unfeigned love;
2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
The bible also has many scriptures on adultery. The main one you need to know is:
Exodus 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Everyone has needs and as married people, we need to work hard to meet each other’s needs. We definitely shouldn’t look outside of the home to have our needs met. I know it is hard and discouraging when you continue to give more than you are getting. As godly wives however, we are to do everything to the glory of God. The bible doesn’t say ” do unto your husband what he does to you.” Keep being patient, prayerful and walking in long suffering. God sees you, he hears you, and he will answer your prayers.
If you are being abused (verbally, physically or mentally) or your mate is cheating on you, please seek help and godly counsel. I am speaking about ladies that are unhappy and bored with the current state of their marriage but are not in harm’s way.
Some tips to avoid adultery:
- Don’t have exclusive opposite sex friends.
- Don’t share your marital problems with male coworkers or friends. When you speak about what your husband is not doing for you, another man may hear you, see that your vulnerable and he may try to fly in and save the day. Your flesh will enjoy the attention that he gives you and you will set yourself up for failure.
- Get an accountability partner. Your accountability partner should be your spouse first and also a female prayer partner or spiritual mentor. If you feel tempted to engage in any form of ungodly behavior with another man, you can share with your husband so it’s not a secret and he’ll know how to pray for you. Also, speak to your mentor about what to do. If you keep your feelings a secret, you may mediate on them and eventually act on them. If you shed a light on the issue, the odds of it control you are slim.
- Guard your heart. Prov 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
- Put no confidence in the flesh Phil 3:2
- Encourage your spouse to go to counseling with you.
- Read marriage books together: His Needs Her Needs, Love and Respect, The 5 Love Languages, The Love Dare etc.