Here are 12 tips that I’ve learned during my 23 months of marriage. Married life is awesome and I want all couples to experience fulfilment in their marriages. With Christ at the center, you can never go wrong! Enjoy!
1) Love your husband in not only words but also in action. Find out what his love language is and love on him that way.
2) Make your husband your top priority. When he comes home from work, get off the phone, look cute, have dinner ready or prepared and listen to him if he wants to talk.
3) Be his BIGGEST cheerleader. Whatever he’s working on, praise him and let him know how proud of him you are. If it he isn’t doing well at the moment, let him know that you believe in him always and you appreciate him.
4) Be happy to be intimate with him and do it willingly often. Dont make your husband beg to make love to you. Sexual fulfillment is important in a marriage, it bonds MARRIED couples and keeps them close. Dont reject him and his need for sex. If you can’t perform at that moment, kindly give him an alternative time or plan (baby I wish I could but I’m so tired right now. I got you in the morning though, I promise.) If you say this, make sure you set your alarm to get up early, get freshened up and send him to work with a smile.
5) Dont talk bad about your husband to your family, friends, coworker etc. Dont let anyone else speak negatively of him either. You and he are one. If their talking about him, their talking about you.
6) Seek God for ways to love your husband better. Seek God for patience and longsuffering to help you handle the difficult times. Marriage is hard work, fun work, but work just the same. Thankfully, we don’t have to figure it all out ourselves, Holy Spirit is there to lead and guide you, all you have to do is seek Him.
7) Be sexy for your husband. Ask him what types of clothes, hair, makeup and shoes he would like to see you rock. He is the only person’s world that you want to rock. If no one else in the room thinks your sexy and irresistible, he should. He’s all that matters. You don’t have to dress in his favorite outfits everyday, but I LOVE to see my husbands face when I get dressed and he’s drooling over me.
8 Keep the house clean. Even if he doesn’t help you often, make sure the temple he comes home to is straightened up. If you see things getting cluttered, just start cleaning up. My husband isn’t particular about the house and when I clean it. We straighten the house daily and clean it thoroughly on Saturdays. He’s always appreciative of the fact that the house looks good and his clothes are washed.
9) Send your husband loving, thoughtful and sexy text messages, emails or instant messages throughout the day. When it pops in your head, send him something to say you love him, or your thinking of him or you cant wait to be with him later that night. Husbands like to know that they are being thought of.
10) Show him respect always. Find out what respect means to him and try your best to do it. Repent when you fall short and work hard to do better. A good husband who knows that his wife loves him, respects him and want to please him sexually, there’s nothing he wouldn’t try to do for her. He will willingly try to work hard to spend money on you, take you where you want to go and do what you want to do. Trust me.
11) Experiment sexually and don’t be afraid to enjoy it. God made the marriage bed and it is holy and good. By experiment I don’t mean bring anything (tools, porn, other people) I mean new positions, times of day, places to be intimate. If you two are getting bored, make sure you try to think of HOLY things that you both are comfortable with trying.
12) Recreational companionship. Do things together. Have fun, be partners/play mates. Be each other’s best friend. Laugh together, do indoor and outdoor activities together. Take turns doing things he wants to do and things you want to do. The couple that plays together stays together.