Sex sales and images of sex are everywhere. If you own a radio, TV, magazines, a computer with the internet, you have been exposed to sexual audio or visual messages recently. TV shows, movies and music continue to become more sexually explicit and inappropriate everyday. We have to guard our minds and hearts with the word of God so that we do not fall into temptations.
I was thinking about single believers and what they could to remain holy in the midst of the madness. I wanted to locate a list of things singles could do before they start dating and when they start dating besides sex. I googled “things a couple can do on a date besides sex” and I found nothing!! I decided to make my own lists. I hope it’s helpful. The lists are in no particular order.
Before we get into the list, I just wanted to say that sex outside of marriage is sin and it doesn’t please God 1 Cor 6:18-20. It’s harmful to you spiritually, emotionally and physically. It will eventually cause heartache, pain and drama to come into your life. It’s unproductive, dangerous and not a good idea. Don’t believe the hype. There are plenty of fun and productive things to do in life besides sex, whether you are single or married.
Sex is only truly mind blowing amazing when a MARRIED MAN and a WOMAN are 100% committed, first to God and then each other. Married couples who love each other, give each other their all and aim to please each other in and outside of the bedroom. Just letting you all know, in case some of you had it twisted. Healthy, HOT, fun, stress free, worry/guilt free married sex is worth waiting for. Your worth waiting for and don’t listen to the messages around you that tell you otherwise.
20 Things Single People Can Do Besides Have Sex
1. Get a hobby
2. Join a club/organization
3. Volunteer for a cause your passionate about
4. Read your bible
5. Spend time in prayer
7. Start or join a book club
8. Write poetry, short stories or that book you always dream of writing
9. Take a class (educational, dance, cooking, tennis etc)
10. Go on a road trip with friends
11. Be a blessing to someone else by helping them babysit, clean, cook etc
12. Get involved at your church
13. Go shopping, even if its only window shopping
14. Become a mentor to a youth
15. Pamper yourself (hair/nails) even if you take an evening and do it yourself.
16. Talk a walk
17. Spend time getting to know yourself and being happy in your own skin
18. Do fun outdoor activities with friends
19. Take a soothing bath or shower
20. Start your own business
20 Things You Can Do On A Date Besides Have Sex
1. Cook a meal together
2. Go go-cart racing or play miniature golf
3. Spend time getting to know each other’s friends and family
4. Explore one another’s hopes, dreams and fears
5. Go to a park and have a picnic
6. Visit each other’s churches
7. Excercise together
8. Do outside activities together (tennis, basketball or planting a gardening)
9. Spend time talking about your faith, finances, debt, views on sex, marriage, children etc. Make sure you two are compatible. Dating should be an interview process.
10. Go horse back riding
11. Take a DAY trip somewhere fun.
12. Bake a yummy treat together.
13. Get dressed up and go to a fancy restaurant
14. Attend a play, ballet or opera
15. Volunteer together
16. Have devotions together
17. Have date night with other godly couples
18. Attend concerts together
19. Take a drive and talk
20. Go skating (ice skating, roller skating or roller bladding)
1 Corinthians 6:18-20
18Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. 19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
1 Corinthians 7:2
Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
1 Thessalonians 4:3-8
It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4that each of you should learn to control his own body[a] in a way that is holy and honorable, 5not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; 6and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. 7For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.
If you enjoyed this blog post, I encourage you to subscribe to receive emails regarding future post. The subscribe button is located at the top left corner of the blog. Once you enter your email and hit “sign me up,” you will have to open your email and confirm the subscription. Also please post the blog info on your Facebook and Twitter pages. https://joannawillis.wordpress.com Thank you in advance for your support. Also my blog now has a FB page! Please go and hit “like” https://www.facebook.com/#!/joannawillisblog